Sammers Driving School
2225 Wabash Ave
PO BOX 3361
Terre Haute, IN 47803
Driver Education and Obtaining a Permit
1) Students must be 15 on or before the first day of class.
2) Students who are not yet 16 must be enrolled in a driver education in order to obtain a driver education permit.
3) Students may obtain a driver education permit 3 weeks before the start date of a class they are enrolled in, however, the permit is not valid until they have completed 1 hour of classroom or driving.
4) Students must take a written examination to obtain a permit.
5) A CDE form is required by the BMV to show proof of enrollment in a driver education course. This form will be distributed to enrolled students no sooner than 3 weeks of the start date of enrolled class.
Obtaining a License
1) Hold an Indiana Driving Permit for a minimum of 180 days.
2) Minimum age requirement is 16 yrs and 180 days if a certified driver education course has been successfully completed.
a) if a driver education course has not been completed the age requirement is 16 yrs and 270 days.
3) Successfully pass a "Driving Skills Test".
a) the "Driving Skills Test" may be taken at Sammers Driving School if the student completed our driver education course. This may be scheduled within a month of the licensing age. There is an additional fee for the "Driving Skills Test".
b) or it may be taken at the BMV for no additional fee.
Jupitergrades: Online grade book used for our classroom. A username and password will be provided to each student on the first day of class.
Crash Related Statistics: IUPPI has recently released research findings summarized in a series of fact sheets on various aspects of traffic collisions, including alcohol-related crashes, light and large trucks, dangerous driving, children, motorcycles, occupant protection, and drivers. Their research also includes a county by county fact sheet with findings related to each area of research.